Monday, July 29, 2013

Easy peasy card table revival

How many of you have that old ugly card table that your mom used to have?  I surely cannot be the only one!!!
One of my earliest memories is watching tv in the living room while my mom was typing letters to family and friends back East.  She would use carbon paper and our friends Huck and Melvina would complain that they could never read the letter as theirs was the last copy!

As you can see, I painted on this table, glued on this table, wrote on this table, well you get the point, it is VERY well used and loved!!  

Now there is nothing wrong with the table but I thought I would give it a face lift.  It is not an original idea, a friend of mine did it to her table and I just borrowed it.  You ready for the massive supply list?
  • used card table
  • scissors
  • 2 rolls of duct tape
Yep!  that is all!  You all are more than aware that there are a gazillion patterns of duct tape out there, that was the hardest decision.  Just watch you patterns so they don't look all wonky if you do not match them up perfect like.  That is why I chose this animal print.
I started with laying down my first strip down the center, making sure it was straight and then built off of that.
I made sure to have extra on the ends so I could tape it under the table, leaving a clean edge.  Just tape and go, as easy as that!  While you are doing this you are actually covering two edges, so in the end you only have to take care with the other two and honestly, I was worried about it.  But apparently, for nothing as it went on as easy as pie!  Maybe it was because I had a little supervision from Stuart (my cat).

......and here is the table!
So now you have a choice..... go buy a new card table for about $45 and up.. or go buy some cool duct tape for under $10 and make your old table into a new, and waterproof, card table that is not and embarrassment!  I know what I chose!


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!!! :) You can get really fun patterned duct tape on great sales too!

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete