Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Quick and Easy Lamp update!


I don't know about you, but I am into making updates and renovations with a few things in mind:
  • How much does it cost?
  • How much time will it take?
  • How hard will it be to do?
Going through the house, I found a pair of lamps.. nothing special, functional and blah.
There is nothing wrong with them, just not really me. I also was not partial to the lamp shades.. but boy, lamp shades are not cheap.  I figured I really had nothing to lose so dug through my spray paint stash  (everyone has one, right? please say yes) and dug out an oil rubbed bronze for the lamps and a lime green for the shades. I figure I really had nothing to lose with the shades as worst case scenario I could always recover with fabric.

First for the lamps....
 Before.... think this area is good enough to fall under "well ventilated area"?

My Go To brand/color for metals
And after the spray paint....

And now for the shades.....
The shades are a little trickier to paint, you have to make sure you get the pain on evenly, otherwise it is more noticeable than on more solid materials.

And here is the final result!!

I have to say, I am very pleased with the outcome!  All for very little effort, very little time and very little money!
 See me over at these linky parties!
Show and Tell at Snap
Creating my Way to Success Round Tuit
The Country Chic Cottage
Sugar Bee Crafts Take a Look Tuesday
Todays Creative Blog Get your Craft On
Ninth Street Notions I Made it Monday

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful idea. The look great and I'd never thought of just painting the shades.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea. I wouldn't have thought of spraypainting the shades. I'll have to try that sometime. Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to find just the right lamp for my room...I might just have to make my own! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete