Friday, July 26, 2013

Fitness Friday...Running Route with Great Scenery!

I am trying to get healthier and get in better shape..... may have something to do with that whole aging thing I am trying real hard to ignore!  I started running and want to share with you my favorite running route.  I took the photos in the fall.... just love this run... about 2 miles until my turn around point.

What makes a runner?  You ask folks and you get a gazillion different answers, one person says the speed they go, another one says where you run, someone else says if you run on a treadmill it does not count......  Really?  Who are we to judge?

Here is my definition of a runner.. "someone who is moving forward at a pace faster then their usual walk."

I am slow... as in turtle in peanut butter slow.  I do not run as often as I should, I need to work on consistency.  But I still head out and try!

As John Bingham says,  ""The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."

So leave the couch, go outside, get on a treadmill, run 30 seconds, walk 5 minutes and you have started.... and yes, in my book, that makes you a runner!  You have already went further and faster than the folks who are still on the couch!

So enjoy the photos... there are a lot of them!














 Yes, I am very lucky to have this available right outside door!  I also have the friendly deer and elk that show up too!  Here are a couple who show up to watch....


No comments:

Post a Comment